Sunday, July 1, 2012

Airscape Cannister Arrivel & Review

Airscape canister
Airscape Coffee Canister
I recently ordered two AirScape coffee canisters from Seattle Coffee Gear that just arrived!  Tip: make sure to wash first! It has a plastic chemical smell to it.  It did go away after a wash though so I'm not too worried.  Coincidentally, it came on the same day as my new coffee Carmen Natural Panama from Kuma Coffee so i was able to store fresh coffee in it right away. So, what's the inside look like and how did it fare?



inside canister
Inside the canister
That's what it looks like inside.  The piece inside is like an inner lid and you push down against the coffee level and seals the coffee inside.  That handle turns and controls the open/close of the inner lid.  However, it isn't an airtight seal.  It seems like those all require batteries/power to pump the air out.  I was particularity attracted by the simplicity of the design so lack of airtight seal was a tradeoff I had to make.  Yes, it's pretty low tech but less stuff that can break!  
AirScape with lid
AirScape with lid
Anyhow, there is an external lid with a rubber gasket that provides an additional seal.  So even though it's not airtight, it is definitely pretty well sealed in.  At the time of writing, I am about a week into using the AirScape and I am impressed.  Compared to the regular jar I was using before, the aroma of the beans and the taste are both still excellent.  These things come in 32oz and 64oz (I have the 64oz) at 20 and 25 bucks respectively.  They offer a marked improvement over regular storage containers at a low cost - I really recommend these to anyone buying fresh coffee.  Don't spoil the nice coffee you paid a premium for!


No comments:

Post a Comment