Monday, July 2, 2012

Current Drinking: Carmen Natural Panama

Carmen Natural
Carmen Natural from Kuma
My new coffee came in same time as my AirScape canister, talk about good timing! Anyways, it's called Carmen Natural Panama from Kuma Coffee online coffee store. On their website, they say "Story:  Our friend Carlos Aguilera only prepped 20 bags worth of his natural processed coffee this year..." so basically because it sounded like limited supply, i bought one (yes im a sucker).  Find out if it can live up to the hype..

 Kuma coffee describes the taste as

"This coffee has a serious deep chocolate body and is studded with complex sweet and syrupy fruits. Magical as filter coffee or espresso."

We shall test it out using filter:
coffee weighing
weighing it out
There's my 24g of coffee beans, part of a complete breakfast! Followed by...
Kone!
Mmm brownies
the Kone and the Chemex! There you see the bloom, which was super bubbly probably because I brewed it right when I received it so it was very fresh.  It smelled almost as good of it looks up there during bloom.  The actually cup was indeed very smooth and syrupy.  I didn't taste as strong of a chocolate as the description claims, but there is still chocolate in every sip.  Overally, it tasted quite different than the last few coffees I had, but in a good way.  For me, the syrupy taste is it's shining characteristic.  I don't know how limited supply it really is but I hope they will still carry it when I finish this bag...

1 comment: