Monday, September 17, 2012

Coffee Review: Esmeralda Leon from Klatch Coffee



I've recently had the pleasure of drinking some Esmeralda Leon from Klatch Coffee.  From their website, the growers separated this lot due to its "multi-layered and complex" flavor, which is validated by a 96 score (highest I've seen) from Coffee Review (great website btw).  Hit the jump to see how I feel about it!


esmeralda leon beans
straight into my Airscape!

esmeralda leon ground
first time grinding it, smelled so good
From the label, the coffee has "Jasmine, peach and pink grapefruit hit you on the nose, and carry into a cup with a bright, tropical rose flavored tea...".  Even from the grounds, I could smell the floral tones (much more notable than other coffees) with a hint of cocoa.  Taste-wise, it's one of the most unique coffees I've had.  The rose flavored tea sounded dubious, but boy was I surprised.  There was an amazing amount of complexity between the tea, fruity notes, and a subtle but smooth sweetness.  Definitely, one of my favorites! Too bad it's limited time and expensive!  I found that, true to my rule for paper filter vs Kone, this coffee tasted much better with paper filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment